All things green.....

March 29, 2006

He's kinda powerful


Hello my friends!!! Wow....it has been quite a while now hasn't it...I apologize for recent avoidance of the blogging world. It was not intentional, I promise. :-) Hmm...I guess I've just been busy? No, that's not it...perhaps just not thinking as much...that sounds more accurate. I've been doing a lot of reading recently and have come across many things in those books that I wanted to share, it just doesn't seem that I have gotten around to it...I just finished reading Traveling Mercies by Anne Lammott. WOW! What a great book!!! She is very real and very interesting, AND she has inspired me to get dredlocks...haha...no worries mom, I'm not getting them. They don't exactly "fly" in the professional world. Someday though perhaps....Anyways, I will tell you more of what I thought about that book later when I actually have it in front of me and I can possibly point some stuff out to you.........And that brings us to my current book. The Everlasting Man by GK Chesterton. I have only read the first couple of pages but man, I LOVE IT!!! It is kinda wordy and has been a lot to process so more on that later. However, I'm still recommending it, even though I'm not even finished!! Yes, I like it so far...I love his humor, not to mention his brilliance. Hmm...I feel another Spurge situation coming on...uh oh (Mi chilena, lo sabes). Anyways, if you like "heavy" books by very witty/brilliant pastors from the early 1900's, have a look. I trust that you won't regret it.

Let's see...what to talk about now as not to bore those who are always more than willing to venture into my blog...I guess I could talk about what God has been teaching me. Hmm...not even sure if I know that much. There has been a lot of talk recently around my little circle of friends (yes, yes...small circle it may be, but IT DOES EXIST) about knowing God's will..surprising I know, considering that God's will isn't exaclty the MOST talked about subject in the Christian community. ;-) I sometimes think that I stress too much...whoa..understatement of the century...I often find myself drowning, not in a pool or even a creek, but an OCEAN of stress! Does God want me here? Does God want me there?? Tell me God! TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME!!!! And I definitely am not saying that those are bad prayers at all...the not so good part comes with my emotions, my lack of trust that causes my stress. In every decision it is good to pray and seek God's counsel....recognizing that we can do nothing apart from Him. I also need to go another step further trusting that since I did pray about it that God's will is actually going to happen. I think sometimes I forget that He's kinda powerful ;-) and that if He wants something to happen, it most likely will. I doubt that my decision can really stop His will. Yes, I believe we have freedom to choose what steps we want to take (I definitely DO NOT want to open a can of worms with that comment) to a degree anyways, but my prayer is always that He would take authority over my steps. So, after praying that prayer I should trust that He will do just that. So why the stress? Exactly. Chill out RACH!!!! This is my prayer:

"Lord even though I do not trust myself, may I trust you. May I trust that my prayers will be answered and that you can/will obviously rise above my insecurities. May I be so intimately realated to you that I you are my air, that I will walk so naturally in the direction of your glory and not always be treading water in my silly ocean of mistrust and insecurity. Take all authority my Jesus. I offer all to you my God."

Ok, I've gone on enough. You will be in my prayers. I have big decisions on my plate and still no direction on how to clean it. Perhaps I'm not supposed to. I ask that you will join me in my prayer. Please pray that I will trust Him to direct my life and that I will not complicate things with my rationale (hmm...something else I tend to do). Please pray that I will be able to take those steps of faith, trusting Him, and not just sitting around rationalizing how His glory could come from those steps that I probably will never take. Oh, and I also ask that you will pray for me that I will exist in the moment to serve him. That I will focus on how to serve/love Him in the present moment, and also that I will be grateful for what He has given me and the situation He has for me RIGHT NOW. For heaven's sake Rach, stop talking!!!!! Thank you so much for your prayers...I need you. Ok ok. Ciao!!! Te quiero tan mucho mi familia! Muchos oraciones para ti y envio muchos besos tambien!!!!!!!

Luke 1:45

2 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM PST, Blogger Lara Nichols said…

    you are in my prayers... I KNOW that God will open and close doors to make His will shine through to you and give you peace in His plan for you.. You are such a blessing... it was great talking to you last night :) ....

     
  • At 5:05 PM PST, Blogger beckalippy said…

    I was given some great advice by a mom of a friend once. She said to love Jesus with all your heart and do whatever you want. I truly believe (and I am so reformed!) that God gave us desires so He could fulfill them. Not that I am at all biased in any decisions that you need to make, but know that if you use that verse that God gave us when we first met (in that book by Jeremiah, the guy who cried alot), search out God and He will show you what you need to know. Search out your motives and do what you want (within limits of course). And of course you have already heard this from me a million times so I will stop talking. But I love you so much and I am so blessed to be your friend. And I want to be your virgin companion (inside joke folks!).
    I will try to call you when i get home tonight!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home