All things green.....

February 20, 2006

Ragamuffins like to travel

Update: Oh, yes...felt like giving one..that's all.

I just finished a FANTASTIC book, and just couldn't go on without recommending it. Yes, yes..I like books, ESPECIALLY good ones. ;-) The book is Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning. I don't even know how to describe it in order to convince you to read it. However, I will mention that is one of those books that has drastically "fine tuned" my perspective on Grace (it really challenged me to take a look at myself, and what I actually believe). Brennan is refreshing, fascinating, intelligent (which is always nice in an author) and he's VERY passionate. He's open about his opinions....basically, the books is great. I have yet to read another one of his books, but I plan on doing so very soon. Anyways, if you're a reader, check it out. You might enjoy. :-)

Oh, and another thing: Six more days until I head off to Chile for a week!! I'm sooooo excited to go! I'm so excited to see my sweet Becka! I've missed my friend so much (yes, becka...very much). I'm excited to read read read, talk theology, hike and hug trees...shop...eat Chilean food, and get hugged until I pee my pants...hmm...actually, looking forward to the hug part. Basically I CAN'T WAIT. I do request one thing though from you my friends. I would ask that you would be praying for my friends and I during our travels to South America. Pray that the Lord will keep us safe, and that in experiencing this new culture, we will be able to experience Him in a new and fun way!!! I really really really appreciate your prayers as I see more of His creation. I know that is definitely something that could get tainted by Satan (he's such a pain), so I ask that you pray he will not rob any of our joy, nor lead us into any unsafe situations. I will be leaving on Feb. 25th and returning on March 5th. I will also be trying to update this blog while I'm there so you can see what I'm up to down in Chile. Thanks again for your love and for your prayers, I will carry them with me while I'm away.

God bless!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM PST, Blogger beckalippy said…

    Rach, I am not sure what I would do without you in my life.ia m so blessed to have you there to exhort, encourage, and agrue with me. You truly are incredible, and I plan on keeping my promise to make you pee in your pants!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home