All things green.....

March 08, 2006

Painting Pictures of Egypt

I was listening to a song today by Sara Groves. I swear she had me (and every other woman in my family) on her mind when she wrote this song. We Rathburn/Lord/Tarp women tend to have this past dwelling tendency. It's unhealthy and definitely not a source of joy. I heard Sara's words and found comfort. Comfort because I could relate...and comfort that this tendency well lessen. Our Lord is so sweet, and He will continue to be so in the future. I dedicate this song to the beautiful women in my family....may the Lord bless you with the joy of leaving the past where it is (in the past) and focusing on the what He has for you now, and the promises that await you. "....We shake the dirt from our sandals as we run." Te quiero!

I don't want to leave here
I don't want to stay
it feels like pinching to me either way
and the places I long for the most
are the places where I've been
they are calling out to me
like a long lost friend

it's not about losing faith
it's not about trust
it's all about comfortable
when you've moved so much
and the place I was wasn't perfect
but I had found a way to live
and it wasn't milk or honey
but neither is this

I've been painting pictures of Egypt
and leaving out what it lacks
the future feels so hard and I wanna go back
but the places that used to fit me
cannot hold the things I've learned
those roads were closed off to me
while my back was turned

the past is so tangible
I know it by heart
familiar things are never easy to discard
and I was dying for some freedom
but now I hesitate to go
I am caught between the promise
and the things I know

if it comes to quick
I may not appreciate it
is that the reason behind all this time is sand
and if it comes to quick
I may not recognize it
is that the reason behind all this time is sand

" blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!" Luke 1:45

1 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rach,
    I think this is truly representative of many things we have to face in life...leaving or arriving we are faced with change which ultimately yields a new person. New people as we know have new opportunities and within those if we choose our Lord in faith we are delivered and rendered clean. I pray your freedom rests in knowing God and the depth of his love for you! I'll pass this on to Sarah.
    Love,
    Jon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home