All things green.....

January 23, 2007

Repeating myself

So, I wanted to post something that I've posted in the past (two days in a row!!). Seriously though, I feel like I keep learning the same things over and over in my life...which is ok. :-) Hmmm...maybe the repetition will make the lesson stick, and hey, it's good to remind ourselves constantly of the things that the Lord teaches us (we humans are pros at forgetting). Be blessed today!

"I was reading my bible this morning and praying, and the Lord convicted me of my closed heart to His will. I was praying for His will, yes....but I was moreso praying for His "seal of approval" on what I thought His will is for my life. That's so not ok, if you ask me, yet....I was still doing it. My prayer has now changed....I'm learning that I have to pray with an open heart, open mind, and open ears ... and not pray that God will put a "seal of approval" on what I think is His will for me. Just to GET to that point, to be truly open to Him, I also have to pray, alot! It's kind of a "double prayer" effort ... first I have to pray that He will open up those closed parts of me, and remind me that He is in control. I know I will be amazed at just how the Holy Spirit will start to guide my thinking, just because of those prayers. And once the Holy Spirit has worked on me, to answer that first prayer, the second prayer (revealing His true purpose and will) will be clearly, readily and speedily answered."

1 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM PST, Blogger Lara Nichols said…

    you are soooooo right!!! it's so human of us to pray for something but expect to get what we want!! Miss you my green loving friend!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home