All things green.....

December 25, 2006

Sleeping at Last (or not)

MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIENDS AND FAMILY! I loooooove you!!!! Yeah, maybe you're looking at the time of this blog (or maybe not) and you've notice that it's after 1am on Christmas morning. Yep, that's right, I stayed up late JUST so I could wish you all a merry christmas first. Ok, I lied. I actually haven't been sleeping well lately. I don't know what my problem is really....it happened last night and the night before and the night before, ok you get the point. So last night, I stayed up late and just read...reading a good book called Uprising by Erwin McManus, I was also listening to Sleeping at Last (highly recommended band). So it was actually a fairly pleasant insomniac experience. Well, I didn't sleep in SUPER late to make up for the late night and found myself to be a little sleepy today. I was falling asleep during the movie I was watching with my parents (The Family Man...good movie). So I was like, "YEEEEES!!! TONIGHT I'll be able to sleep at last!!!" Yeah, definitely went to bed at 11:30 and definitely got my hopes up. I tossed and turned until 1am and then finally surrendered to the fight my eyes were putting up to stay open (or perhaps it's my mind....it's been going as fast as those saleen cars that Jake was drooling over today after forcing me to accompany him into the showroom...I GUESS a small price to pay for dragging him to the mall on the day before christmas). So yeah, I got up and here I am....complaining to you all. But hey, no worries, I get to wish you all merry christmas before everyone else therefore making me your number one most considerate friend, AND I can just use my inability to sleep as an excuse to read more. Like I was telling keith, insomnia works quite well with a book lover like me...Sleeping at Last (wow, I totally just realized how ironic the name of that band is...figures) or The Fray (yet another band that makes me happy) here I come. Hey, and remember I love you all, oh and please don't forget to be grateful this holiday. Be grateful for the fact that the Lord gave us Jesus, be grateful for the ENORMOUS love that has been poured (and is continuing to be so) on you. Be grateful for the family that you are surrounded with this holiday and if you got presents, for the fact that they had the means to even buy them for you. I pray that from these feelings of gratitude will come the desire to be generous to those around you and those in need. I love you all and I can't wait to see all of you! BLESSINGS!!!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey rachie- no worries if you can't sleep, neither can I, and my assessment is that we cannot sleep because neither of us is working. This is not the first time I have experienced this. In the past when I have been in transitional phases and without a routine or anything demanding my energy, I find myself left with too much of it by the end of the night...and then I toss and turn. It might help to just hop around a lot, or do more physical things than you are accostomed to. I really think this is true! The bad thing is that you can't tire yourself out thinking..I find that the more I think, the harder it is to fall asleep, even though I might be mentally exhausted (common sense I guess).. ANYHOW little kitty!! Hope you get to sleep tonight!!! Miss ya and talk to ya soon! Merry Merry amiguita maravillosa!!

    love
    ali

     
  • At 4:43 PM PST, Blogger beckalippy said…

    RachiePOOOOO!!!!So I just flirted with two of the most sweetest beautiful boys on this darn cruise...we have got to talk! I now have invitations to Mexico, Columbia, and Miami... and yeah... bueno. I miss you and I will call you as soon as I get a chance. I hope you sleep darling!!! Give Keithers a great bg hug for me! te quiero mi amor, cuidate!!!

     
  • At 9:35 AM PST, Blogger Ken Kienow said…

    Oh man...you need to listen to Easy Star All-Stars' "Radiodread" album! :)

     
  • At 7:06 PM PST, Blogger Chris Shotwell said…

    happy new year from seattle!

     
  • At 10:38 PM PST, Blogger Keith Erickson said…

    You don't blog much either. Your insomnia was so last week's news.

     
  • At 10:43 PM PST, Blogger Keith Erickson said…

    ok so the little ";)" face got cut off... but it was there... promise.

     
  • At 2:59 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah Rach- write some new thoughts or somethin!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home