All things green.....

August 14, 2006

Va Mejorando

Hola! Well, it´s finally I´ve made it through about one day here. I´m feeling A LOT better than I was yesterday, that´s for sure. Yesterday I was SOOOO tired (TAN CANSADA!) I could not function, let alone understand anyone. Pero, today...I am better. I slept about 9 hours last night. It was awesome. Today I just went all over the city with Becka.I t was so great to hang out with my sweet friend. I have missed that girl so much, and being with her is SUCH a joy. Estoy feliz con ella. We went to the grocery store, y mas cosas. Interesting thing: all of their condiments, like mayo, jam, ketchup, etc....come in bags. Not bottles, but bags. Que interesante. Reminds me of my soy chile I used to eat that came in a bag (i already miss trader joes). It´s just funny to see EVERYTHING in a bag. Also, they have separate check out lines for pregnant women and older peeps. I like that. So Becka and I got some food, then went to starbucks (imagine that) where we passed some time with a girl from becka´s church named Mely...she was really really nice, and it was great to be at a place where I had some familiarity. Now becka is in the kitchen making curry for dinner. We are having some peeps over for dinner, then at 10 I am leaving for Northern Chile (16 hour bus ride...aaaah) with my new friend Birgit. She´s a super nice girl from Germany, yet speaks perfect English and Spanish. Definitely a motivation to improve my spanish, that´s for sure. Actually, I did notice a difference today with my spanish today....I´m getting better at hearing the words...the dialect here is muy deficil (difficult). I will learn eventaully (ojala..hopefully) Anyways, leaving tonight for Northern Chile to see some beautiful sites...a national park, beaches, etc.....should be nice to travel a bit (If i can make it through the bus ride). I don´t know how the internet access will be, but I will try and keep this updated as much as I can. I love you and miss you all, oh and if you´d like to email me you can here: rachelrathburn@gmail.com Alright off I go to help my curry queen becka....ciao!!! Te envio muchos cariños, especialmente mi beagle, con besos por supuesto. ;)

3 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM PDT, Blogger Chris Shotwell said…

    Yay! I'm glad you're having a good time! And good job keeping us updated too :-) Have a safe trip up north!

     
  • At 3:45 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY for you being in an awesome country! Enjoy the beautiful North and I hope you don't get any butt sores from the 16 hour bus ride there and back. :)

     
  • At 5:37 PM PDT, Blogger Chris Shotwell said…

    Rach! Have you ever read Darwin's Voyage of the Beagle? I'm enjoying it right now, and I guess a large portion of the book is dedicated to his time in Chile. Get a copy if you can! Here's a website with the entire text: http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/
    charles_darwin/voyage_of_beagle

    Talk to you soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home