All things green.....

May 12, 2006

a worthy companion

So, my friend Jake gave me this quote a while back and I thought it a worthy companion to my post from earlier today (that's right...two in one day!!!). I love this quote...thanks for sharing Jake!!!!! :-) May you all be blessed with Thomas Merton's words as I was.

"My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone."
~Thomas Merton

5 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said…

    so good, so good. Thank you Jake, thank you Rach and thank you Tom Meton and thank you God. Sweet Quote.

    Rach!!! So good to read your blog - what a blessing you continue to be to me. Thank you.

    I'll continue to read your posts as I do find them quite interesting =) I can hear your voice reading the words on my screen. - and that I enjoy! -e

    p.s. any attractions or places in Chicago you enjoyed that you'd recommend for Miss Crystal and I to check out? I hope your sister is doing well and continuing to use her voice for His Beautiful Glory.
    Love you Miss Rach. -E

     
  • At 11:17 PM PDT, Blogger Chris Shotwell said…

    rachel... help! I'm being attacked by anonymous comments!

     
  • At 11:36 AM PDT, Blogger Chris Shotwell said…

    Aren't you overdue for another posting? I love reading what you have to say!

     
  • At 11:58 AM PDT, Blogger Rach said…

    look! two pics! It's like a Chris slideshow!!!!

     
  • At 7:08 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow. beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home