All things green.....

May 25, 2006

Luma.... SWEET music to your ears


So, we all know how I feel about bands from the UK....hmm...no? Well, lets just say that they make me sing...A LOT! Well, do I have a treat for you my friends!!! You see, there is this band from Scotland...that has to be about the best UK band.....yep, that's right....pretty strong statement to make, but hey, what can I say, besides THEY ROCK..and you should definitely have a listen to them. The name of the band is Luma and you can check them out by clicking HERE. Get rid of any outside distractions and prepare yourselves to be impressed, or at least pleasantly pleased (ok, so I totally just wanted to say pleasently pleased...can you blame me?) Anyways....LISTEN TO THEM and enjoy the fantastic vocals of the one and only Derek McAlpine, your ears will be thanking you...I promise. :-)

Ok...have you listened? No?...go do it!!HERE! NOW!!!

Ok, now that you've listened and positively enjoyed Luma. You must do one more thing. You must exercise your new found love for them by going to this link HERE . And voting for them. If they get the most votes, then they will be able to come to the US and play!! Come on, don't you want to be patriotic like that??? Giving such a gift to the US by helping Luma pay us a visit? You'd also be helping out a band that is very dear to me....look at you...being all giving....you can't lose with this one! Oh, and one more thing...the page you go to in order to vote sometimes doesn't load (due to all the traffic from Luma voters no doubt). If you experience this, please just try it again. Thank you sooooo much all you Luma fans, and if you are interested in learning more about them, besides the fact that they are AWESOME. Just visit their website again, and I bet if you contacted them, they would even respond, and it would actually be them, and not someone that works for them!!! How sweet is that? Just about as sweet as listening to the song "California" while driving down the 101 surrounded by green-ness. Hmm..don't know that song you say? Yet another reason to experience Luma. Alright, I'll stop rambling now, can't help it...they make me sing. Have a blessed day and a FANTASTIC holiday weekend!!!! Ciao!!!

7 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM PDT, Blogger beckalippy said…

    Heck yeah, a song about california!!!!! Seriously, the lyrics in that song maded me more homesick than ever... "starbucks on the go"!!!!! These guys sound sweet! Any plans to visit Chile??

     
  • At 5:59 PM PDT, Blogger Lara Nichols said…

    wow, I love these guys.. what great lyrics!!! I hope they win.. just went and voted for them :)

     
  • At 6:59 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice rach. although i think you are on crack!
    thanks
    derek
    X

     
  • At 7:24 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Rachel,

    Fancy being our full time press agent?!

    Ryan(luma)

     
  • At 3:49 PM PDT, Blogger Rach said…

    Rachel Rathburn
    Press Agent-Luma

    has a nice ring to it...so what's my pay? ;-)

     
  • At 5:27 AM PDT, Blogger beckalippy said…

    The use of "fancy" for a verb cracks me up!!!!

     
  • At 10:30 PM PDT, Blogger Chris Shotwell said…

    Some fun songs! I particularly like some of the more driving beats. Rock on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home