All things green.....

May 12, 2006

"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost"


So, I've decided to follow in the footsteps of my favorite hobbit Bilbo (yep, I've so been caught up in Middle Earth for the last month). Bilbo left his comfortable lifestyle he loved so much, and headed off on an adventure because it was what had been chosen for him. Although he did not feel up for the task, in the end it was quite clear that the adventure could not have happened without him. Well, I am about to leave my "comfort" and head off on an adventure of my own...although I might not face dragons, giant spiders, trolls, and forest elves....it is quite possible that similar "creatures" will bring themselves across my path. Yes, voy a chile in August. And it won't be for a super long time (dos meses), but really, I already exist in my adventure, and this is yet another path that I must follow to continue on. I am excited for the Lord to carry me....excited to see what dragons and spiders exist in His will for me. I love our Lord so much and am so excited to follow His lead. I will fill you in more later as to the details, but until then....I love you so much and appreciate so much your prayers and support. It is as Tolkien said "I am in fact a hobbit, in all but size."

"The road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began
Now far ahead the road has gone
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it within eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

The Road goes ever on and on
Out from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
Let others follow it who can!
Let them a journey new begin,
But I at last with weary feet
Will turn towards the lighted inn,
My evening-rest and sleep to meet."
~"composed" by Bilbo quoted by Frodo in Lord of the Rings by Tolkien
.

ps.Looks like there's going to be a lot of "Fake Plastic Trees" (Radiohead....it's my adventure song, for those of you who don't know) for me in the coming months. oh, and thanks for putting up with my book nerdiness. ;-)

3 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM PDT, Blogger Lara Nichols said…

    I am sooooooo excited for you!!! I know God will have wonderful things in your adventure (hopfully not spiders and dragons though :) )

     
  • At 3:34 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cool, chile. scotland is waaaaay better!
    Here are 5 reasons why:
    1. I live here
    2. Deep fried Mars Bar
    3. Kilts
    4. Castles(everyone lives in one here)
    5. The haggis that run free and wild in the fields!

    Random I know and somewhat patronising and stereotyping the American nations knowledge of scotland, but i thought it was funny. heck this is turning into a blog entry.sorry
    chile will be awesome 9 outta 10 for sure
    Scotland 11 outta 10!
    ;-p

     
  • At 4:41 AM PDT, Blogger beckalippy said…

    Okay, first of all, Chile is muchh cooler than Scoland! Some reasons:
    1. we have perfected the mullet, seriously, the boys here can wear what no other boys can.
    2. just for having hair even remotely light colored, you get told about every fve minutes by some stranger that you are beautiful.
    3. We have pisco
    4. We are somewhat stuck in the 80's as far as music, clothes, and hairstyles go, but that means more old school Michael Jackson inour lives
    5. I AM HERE!!! Sorry Derek, but that beats your number one!

    Okay, that said..... YEAH!!!!!!!!! YEAH; YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, woo hoo!!!!
    Lo sé que sabes como emocionada estoy, pero quiero decir que no puedo esperar a verte!!!!! Que bueno que vienes! Vamos a hablar mucho mucho mucho, y tener debates de theologia!!!!!!!
    te quiero tan tan tan mucho!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home