All things green.....

February 01, 2007

Stillness and Simplicity

O Lord, my heart is not proud nor my eyes haughty; Nor do I involve myself in great matters, or in things too difficult for me. Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; like a weaned child rests against his mother, my soul is like a weaned child within me. O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time forth and forever.
Psalm 131

I love this Psalm. I love the quietness that I feel when I read it. Like the feeling you get when you've been through something really narly and intense and then it's over, and you can breathe again, and you can just rest and not try and figure anything out. Just rest in that perfect trust and complete vulnerability. Stop trying to figure things out and just be simple and vulnerable and rest. Trust in the One who is most trustworthy and loves you unconditionally. Things don't always have to be a big deal...sometimes the most simple answer is the right one. You are all in my prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home