All things green.....

November 11, 2006

Walking through the door

Hello everyone...I don't have a lot of time to dazzle you with many words tonight (I know...I can just feel your tears). The reason for this is because I have some reading to do for...wait for it...MY NEW JOB! Yep, that's right. I got a job at a company called SMS.ac as a Recruiter. Today was my first day, and so far, I'm loving it. The company culture is sweet, and I feel like I fit right in....it has just been one day, but I'm sure I'll do great there...I'll keep you updated as the days go on. :-) Thank you for all your prayers about my job here in SD. It's funny, this job just came out of the blue. I totally wasn't expecting to be working at a great place the week after I got back from Chile. Just another example of how the Lord provides and opens those doors. I don't know why I stress so much sometimes about stuff like this...He's always proved Himself faithful to me and to my needs. So yeah, thanks God!

I also went to SLO this last weekend. It was not long enough but it was awesome all the same. I got to see a lot of the people that I had missed so much (exception: Sky dweller and Bdub...:(). It was awesome to catch up with people that I love and have missed so much. I must admit, it was VERY difficult for me to come home on Sunday, that's for sure. I was thinking about it as I was driving home on Sunday...just about how one of the main reasons that I moved to SD has recently gone away, and if I hadn't had found a job so quickly, I probably would have just gone back to SLO. That made me think about just how much the Lord directs our lives. Here He gave me this job right away, before my visit to SLO, in order to bring me back to SD (at least, that's what I think). And yes, even though I'm feeling super lonely and more sad than happy as of late, it brings me so much comfort to know that I'm where He wants me...I am excited to see what He wants to teach me during this time and just how He wants to use my new job and new city and MANY life adjustments for His glory. I just pray that I can keep my eyes on Him and not get distracted by all this change. Alright, off I go to read....I love you all and thanks for your prayers.

Oh, one more thing...I got my hair trimmed this weekend...my hair is happy now. I love going to the hairdresser...it's like a super cheap trip to the psychologist...and boy did she get an ear-full. But shhhh...don't say anything or she might just start charging for helping me maintain my sanity as well as my hair. ;-)

6 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OHHHHHH muchas felicidades gatita!!! Great work landing a sweet job your first week back in the US of A--talk to ya soon, love ya!!!!!

     
  • At 5:33 PM PST, Blogger beckalippy said…

    Rachie.... talk to me babe! I want details about the job and the visit and all of it. I love you a ton and I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages (its really been like 2 days but still) I have some good theology to tell you about and hear your thoughts on. I love you mucho mucho!!!!

     
  • At 9:08 PM PST, Blogger Lara Nichols said…

    Hey rach.. glad to hear that your job is going well... it was sooooooo good to see you :)

    Lara

     
  • At 1:24 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are just where He has you. Rest in that sweet friend. Much love to you from the North to the South I'm sending kisses and hugs your way (and if I could, I'd send a nice warm starbucks drink too!)

     
  • At 6:05 AM PST, Blogger beckalippy said…

    Did Jason tell you that I told him that I was sad that I never get to talk to you adn that I never see you online? jeje!

     
  • At 12:34 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Rachel, I must tell you in good conscience that your new job has very little interest in its peoples development. Ask for information from people you know and do your research. I hope all goes well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home